Source: The Gold Report 06/08/2017Shaking off delays in April, this mining and development company has money to expand, and analysts are talking about the Nevada project's May production results.
Rye Patch Gold Corp. (RPM:TSX.V; RPMGF:OTCQX) announced the sale of its "3.4% net smelter return royalty for total consideration of US$5,000,000 in cash" on June 1, and on June 6 announced a bought deal offering in Canada "for aggregate gross proceeds of $10,002,200. . .to be "used for continued expansion of the Florida Canyon, working capital and general corporate purposes."
In a June 2 announcement, Rye Patch outlined the production statistics for its Florida Canyon mine:
- Mining of 1.174 million tons (1.07 million tonnes) of material including 551,359 tons (501,235 tonnes) of ore delivered to the crusher;
- Stacking of 582,161 tons (529,237 tonnes) of ore on the new South Heap Leach pad;
- Pouring of 5,566 troy ounces of dore containing 3,094 ounces of gold and 2,381 ounces of silver; and
- Progressing toward commercial production in Q3.
William C. Howald, president and CEO of the Company, stated, "In less than one year, the Company has made the transformation from a Nevada explorer to Nevada's newest gold producer. The acquisition of the Florida Canyon mine was a transformational transaction that Rye Patch was uniquely positioned to pursue and re-start the mine to create shareholder value."
Analysts are looking at Rye Patch in a positive light as well. In an iA Securities June 2 research report, analyst George Topping noted that the proceeds from the sale of the smelter royalty to Coer Mining "will supplement the cash flow from the Florida Canyon mine to be used towards drilling near mill material, infill drilling, and expanding the known resource."
Topping went on to recognize the May production statistics for Florida Canyon, reporting that "at 3,094oz/month, the mine is producing 103oz/day, which is well on its way to achieving operating financial breakeven." Topper maintained a Buy rating and $0.75 target price.
Michael Gray, analyst for Macquarie Research, also stated in a June 2 report that Rye Patch "produced 100oz/day Au (3094ozAu in May), which is in line with our expectations from the May 16 site visit. We estimate production of 130oz/day for FCF breakeven pre-delivering into the hedge facility at $1276/ozAu. We expect gold production to continue to ramp up over the coming months, driven by pregnant gold solution concentrations increasing and two pad construction milestones."
Reiterating an Outperform recommendation and $0.65 target price, Gray concluded that Rye Patch "is a top pick amongst our developer coverage for its significant re-rating potential (0.35x NAV vs junior producer peers averaging at 0.6x Macquarie price deck) and emerging Nevada production on an underexplored trend, making it also an attractive target."
Rye Patch's shares are currently trading at around $0.26.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Rye Patch Gold Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
( Companies Mentioned: RPM:TSX.V; RPMGF:OTCQX, )
from Streetwise Reports - Exclusive Articles https://www.streetwisereports.com/pub/na/17497